If you are interested in a subscription to the Daily Technical Overview, click the link below and you will be directed to the Helmscom website and you can process your subscription with Helmscom.
Our most popular report, the Daily Technical Overview features technical analysis on the most actively traded U.S. markets. The focus of the five page letter is geared to a retail broker, seeking a general summary and interpretation of short-term technical trends and developments. Often the computer indicators and rigid technical systems do not always match the changing behavior of the market. The subjective human analysis of Mr. Helms provides a concise review of market developments, keeping a focus on short term trends and trading opportunities. Along with each day’s comments is a page of trading ideas entitled the Short-Term Outlook. The Short-Term Outlook does not represent a trading system, but rather a stimulus to focus on opportunities in the market. Once a month a Long-Term Technical Review is produced giving a larger perspective on trend direction.
• The Overview report is delivered by email, in a pdf format or in a text format. The pdf version is approximately 5 pages in length and follows a preset structure of markets. Those wishing a more customized list of individual markets, should consider the Sector Report.
• Subscribers need to decide the length of their subscription, month by month, 6 months, or annual. The six month and annual subscription provide a discount on price. Payment can be made by Check, Wire Transfer, or with a credit card through the Google Checkout or PayPal procedure which provides a platform for processing payment and acts as a security go between GRI and you. Subscriptions setup through Google or PayPal does not create a recurring subscription. You will be invoiced for re-subscription based on the subscription length you have selected. The subscription can be canceled at any time. Please note that we do not take credit card information directly over the phone. We ask that you use the Google or PayPal payment process for your protection and ours.
• A Long Term Technical Review is included with your subscription to the Overview and typically published on the final day of each month, pending on holidays and timing of weekends.
• Included with a Daily Technical Overview subscription is the GRI Morning update which highlights 1-4 day trading ideas. The report is published and delivered around 7:15-7:25 am each morning. The suggested trades are not part of a trading system, but intended to stimulate the reader about projected trade activity.
• The Overview’s Short Term Outlook features trading ideas focusing on two days to two weeks. The suggested trades are not part of a trading system, but intended to stimulate the reader about projected trade activity.
• The Overview Report covers the lead or primary contract month for the following markets.
• US: Wheat, Corn, Beans, Meal, Oil, Cotton, Cattle, Hogs, Pound, Canadian$, Euro, Yen, Swiss, Aus$, US$, Gold, Silver, Copper, Eurodollar, T-Bonds, T-Notes, S&P, Dow Jones, NASDAQ, Russell, Sugar, Coffee, Cocoa, Crude, Natural Gas, Heating Oil, and RBOB.
• The Overview Report will be published each evening around 6:00 pm CST.
• Commentary from the Overview report covers only the main / lead contract.
• Prices listed just under the market symbol represents the last trading price at the time comments were written. The emergence of around the clock electronic trade has altered the methods to track market trends and interpret price behaviors. The closing values listed on the Overview will be referenced based on appropriate settlement values or last price of electronic sessions. The use of references to “closing levels” related to the TRP (Trend Reversal Point) requires you must make the judgment if the penetration of the TRP has been of significant duration to confirm the turn.
• Common abbreviations used on the report are:
• ST = Short Term
• LT = Long Term
• Obj = Objective
• Sdwys = Sideways
• TRP = Trend reversal point. A close through the TRP level confirms a trend change.